Spoke to the dietician this morning about my progress. I was able to tell her 187.5! YES! And an inch here or there. Not too bad for 3 weeks. She gave me praise for picking myself back up after the fall I took on the streets of Seattle. I didn't let it stop me completely.
I did walk on Saturday morning, just the 20 minutes and today, I was going to but decided to rest a bit more instead and then later on, I worked out with Power90, just after her call.
I already feel pretty good now that I am back on track again. She sent me another handout about some breathing techniques and about the significance of stress that has to do with weight loss. I know that right now, I am battling alot of things. Stress from many different facets of my life as well as age and genetics. It's not an easy battle at all and I know I am struggling BUT! I am doing it. Slow but sure. I have been able to maintain and hold my own in this area and not go above this range I am stuck at right now. So I know it's time to move down a bit more now. Then hold that.
I only have about 6 weeks to go before I head off for Estes Park, CO to the ghost hunting event with Ghost Adventures and Darkness Radio at the Stanley Hotel. I am not sure if I will be able to fit into the Catwoman outfit but I am hoping so! I will try it on here soon to see if this is even going to be possible or if I should see about a different sort of outfit.
I feel pretty good tho' and hearing her words today of how impressed she is with me and the knowledge I do have and all that I am trying to do, made me feel good. I have always known what I need to do, the problem is doing it! Isn't that everyone's issue?
I do need to toss in some beans more so she said. I bought the dark red kidney beans, just haven't put them into anything yet. I have eaten more regular beans however. I did pick up some oatmeal and some dried dates and I had that for breakfast yesterday. The maple and brown sugar oatmeal and dates, a few walnuts and then some fresh cold apple pieces, chopped up, just a quarter of a Granny Smith apple. It was very similiar to the oatmeal that McDonald's offers which is really good by the way!
I know one of my biggest weakness is coming up...Halloween. Oy! That is going to be super hard! I already have tons of candy in the house ready to be bagged for Halloween. I just need to get the spider rings and whatnot so then I can bag it all. Lots n lots to prepare for! I haven't eaten any of that candy tho' yet, not a single bite so I've been good there. None of the bags are even open yet.
But as the dietician said, slow but sure. It felt good to be back at Power90 again. Perhaps I may slip to the blue disk (longer workouts) come October. I think I will be ready for it. It would be grand to actually finish Power90!! I so can't wait to be able to do so!!
Well for now, time for the nuts and half of an apple! YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment