It has not been an easy road to get going here and stick to it. Halloween is always a killer! Just had my son's physical earlier last week and sure enough, his cholesterol needs work too. Again, the normal numbers are fine but when you look deeper, further into the more detailed testing they are now doing, they are seeing that genetically, we are in trouble! YIKES!
At least I know it's more genetics, despite someone trying to blame me for his bad numbers. DOH!
I know genetics plays a big part of it and my son's father is taking cholesterol meds so his numbers are good due to that. I just really don't want to have to take them and I know I just have to get these numbers down.
It's not been easy at all and not just with Halloween but I can feel my plantar's fascitis is back. My feet have been hurting a lot as well as my knee when I knelt down on the one while away on my weekend getaway a week ago. Just made things worse.
BUT! I will not put up with this! NO NO NO! So...today, I will start back to working out 2 x a day and get my butt busy! No excuses. If I can move, I can workout. I often feel bad to take time away and not work but I have to remain focused and working out will help give me more energy too. I gotta do this and my son needs to do this too. We both have to lose the middle stuff, our bellies. I can tell with him stopping, he's gained it back and messed up his progress.
So this isn't a doom and gloom post, but a more determined than ever to do this type of post. Motivating, YES! Fussing, YES! Get your butt moving, YES YES YES!
Sometimes, I look in the mirror and I know I really don't have all that far to go. I really don't. With a little determination and motivation...dedication...all the 'ations', I can do this. I really can. I can't help but remember the dietician's words in that she was impressed with my knowledge. Yea, it's one thing to KNOW what you need to do, and it's another to do it. But that's a hurtle I can overcome and I can get myself to do it.
The plan then is to work out 2x a day. I just finished having some oatmeal with apples and cinnamon and some dates tossed in with some water and vitamins for breakfast and I just got back downstairs from working out with Power90, Sweat, on the yellow disk. About to have my snack (blueberry yogurt) and then 9:30 will be the 2nd workout with Shakeology workouts. Yes, I am going to do doubles this month. I'll do the 30 workout this week but next week, I will move to the 50. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, I'll also walk 45 mins in the morning. It is starting to get colder out tho' in the mornings so I may change this to evening/late afternoon walks with the warm sun shining.
I have the appointment with the dietician next week to talk with her again about my progress.
This Wednesday is the appointment with the cardiologist. That should be interesting to see. It's been a while since I've had my heart looked at. I have a right bundle branch block, RBBB. I was born with it and it was not discovered until I was transferring from active duty Air Force to the Reserves. I don't currently have any symptoms but it's good to have it checked out now and again to keep an eye on things. I was told that when I got older, I may have to have a pacemaker put in. What is a RBBB? Well, it's has to do with the electrical current in your heart that makes your heart pump. Normally, it comes from a node in the upper chamber of the heart that moves down to the ventricles and beats them and then it branches off to the left and to the right and goes up to the top of your heart.
Mayo Clinic Definition of RBBB
I am one of the rare cases that was born with this condition in an otherwise normal, healthy heart.
I already feel better for having done the workout this morning too! :) It was great to get back to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment