Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Time keeps on slippin...

Time has just flown by as it always does this time of year! I haven't been able to really dedicate myself to working out. I was good for a week but so much came up with all the preparations for Halloween and my daughter's birthday and party, it's been just absolutely crazy!

I did speak to the dietician and my numbers had not really changed, mostly just maintained which at first, I had jumped up and then worked my way back down again. I seem to be stuck at this one spot however and not able to move much...

That is...until recently! I had decided to go ahead and weigh myself as I have not done so in a long while and as my exercising slowed to nil pretty much and I was eating for the most part, pretty good still. I had a feeling, fearing that most likely, I had slipped back into the 190s. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was actually down and was at 187 flat! Awesome!

After seeing the cardiologist, that's when I lost my motivation. Hearing him not too concerned over the lower cholesterol numbers like my regular doc was as he seemed to dismiss it to just lifestyle or genetics and told me that he wasn't worried about those numbers, just mostly the top ones, from the regular cholesterol testing. I was like dang...did I get the fear put into me more than what was needed?? I don't know...

What I do know however, is that my family does have a bad history when it comes to being overweight and inactive. As they get older, the less they did, the more weight they gained and the more out of shape they became. I would not have called any of them obese per se, but my father had gotten very heavy just before he died. He was probably the closest to that aside from my mother who was overweight too, not obese when I think of obese I think of 400 or so lbs. I know the charts say you are obese before that number, but oh well. Let's just say...FAT!

With everything going on however, I thought that I would take a break and focus then on decorating of the house and cleaning up and getting things ready for the big party this Saturday. It's fastly approaching and I don't have near the things done that I had wanted to. I am going to try to get all done that I can however. Meanwhile, I am eating fairly well and will remain on track there!

Once I get back from my trip out to Colorado, I'll dedicate myself again like I did last year at this time and focus then on working out and keep it up. With no more trips nor anything huge going on, I can committ myself to it. I was hoping to get P90X this year but I may wait now til next year to transition from Power90 then. I WILL finish Power90 however! I am determined to do so and to move from the yellow disk to the blue!! I know I can do it!

I did not make anymore phone appointments with the dietician. She didn't seem to really see a need for them unless I wanted them and well, I know what to do, it just comes down to me doing it. So...I have to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment