Well the crud finally got me. Just as I was starting to work out, bammo, I picked up an upper respiratory infection that is going around. :(
This really has laid me low and scared the heck out of me, complete with breathing attacks, to where I feel I can't breathe in the middle of a coughing attack.
I had gone to the doc's the Monday of Thanksgiving week and got a double strength 3 Zpac but it didn't really take my cough away. My allegra was too old and I couldn't take that and needed more. Friday night, my son began to feel the same scratchy throat that I had started out with too and so by Sat morning, I knew I had to get him in to see the doc as well. I called up and was able to get a walk-in that morning! WOW! Talk about lucky! So I went along and got myself back in again too while I was at it.
She listened to my lungs and they are clear, thank goodness but she could hear me coughing and so gave me some cough suppressant with coedine as well as prednisone and had me pick up some allegra as she said they are no longer allowed to prescribe that since we can get it over the counter now.
For my son, he got straight up penicillin and some tessalon pearls. With him being a heart patient, I don't fool around with him having a cold. She had me pick up some AllegraD for him but not to take it until after his allergy testing. We just had part one of that completed yesterday and he'll go back on Wed, tomorrow for the other half. Looks like he has some allergies for a few things but not near as bad as myself and my daughter do. He'll get the food test done however tomorrow and we'll see and then figure out how best to approach his.
So here I am, back to whatever weight it may be. I haven't looked. The doc's had me back up to 194 but that's with clothes and after breakfast, etc etc. But I figure at least around 192. Now that I am just starting to feel better and have been able to finally sleep, I am back to starting to eat right. As soon as the cold is gone, I'll get back to working out. New goal now will be to trim up by Faire in April. It will give me enough time to do so. This cold has really knocked me for a loop tho' and I know I have to rest my body at this time and not push it.
Looks like a December start date then for the holiday workout.
No comments:
Post a Comment