Well so far, I have been working out faithfully with Power90 all this week as of Monday. My weight is holding at 198 flat and it was a bit disconcerting to not see it move at all. I began to think the scale was broke! So, I went and lifted my travel toiletries bag just to see it change and it did!! So that made me feel better to know that the scale is not broken.
I know, I know...I shouldn't be looking at the scale every day. It's a habit and a curiousity that I can't seem to shake. I may use it as a reward for myself at the end of the week and see if I can possibly stay away from it. The scale can be something that is disheartening just as much as it can be encouraging. But the scale that simply weighs you, is not accurate as to the fat/muscle percentage or exchange that may very well be going on in your body.
I can feel my muscles are sore from yesterday's workout. I managed to get it in there last night, forced myself to go upstairs as I had put it off all day long. It has been hard to get back into the routine and not just say, to heck with it all! But I keep it in my mind that no...I want to lose this, I want to finally do it! Besides, my motivation is to trim up as much as I can before the Ren Faire in April starts! I want to really look nice in my bodice this year like I did last year.
Also, what helps me to keep the blues or discouragements down to a minimum about the weight thing, is to remember things that I have heard Tony Horton say, and I know it is his opinion, that women should really have 90 days or 120 day programs because it takes longer I believe for women to let go of their fat. I think it takes longer for our bodies to adjust to it all. I can't remember what he had said was his reasoning exactly for thinking women needed it longer to get us in gear, but I would think that that is it. I do remember that it was said that it took 30 days for your body to realize that you are not kidding about this and that you are serious about chucking the fat. At first, it may cling on or just think, yea right, suuurreeee you are working out..un huh...riiiiiight! It is waiting for you to quit. Waiting for you to give up and clinging on to cravings and battling with you as you try to get into a good routine and schedule.
One of the things I haven't been doing well is getting the proper rest. That is so paramount to this too. I have to set the schedule. In bed by 10 pm on most nights and up at 6. Gives me a good 7-8 hours of rest and sleep. I've been trying but it is not always working as I am still trying to catch up from the trip with everything that needs to be done.
So the first week now is almost complete. I just will need to work out today and tomorrow and then Sunday is my day of rest. I will probably go up around lunch time to get this Sculpt 1-2 done as it is shorter time too than the Sweat 1-2. For me, this month of February will be about conditioning myself and getting into the routine and schedule/habit of exercising and working out all the kinks of bad eating and not enough rest. So by the time the end of the month is here, I should be on track and ready to move to the blue disk come March! Hmmm going to look on the calendar schedule at Beachbody to see exactly what day I would move to the blue one. Ah, it looks like it is day 31, on week 5, so that puts me right at February 29 as the first day to do Sculpt 3-4 on the blue Power90 disk! And hmm that is interesting, on the 89th day, they have you doing both Sculpt and Sweat 3-4 and the last day is just Sweat 3-4 with of course the Ab Ripper 200, like normal.
Well Tony Horton...I say....BRING IT! I am ready and I am so going to do this!! I will finish Power90 if it kills me!
I know once I am finished or close to completing it, I should go ahead and order P90X. That will be a huge challenge then. I know I can do it however. If all those other people can and have, I can too!
I do need to fix my meals yet. Last night was a taco salad and I really should have just made it a regular salad and skipped all the taco stuff. :(
It was way too much food as well.
So, today is a new day. I have no idea what we will have for dinner but I am going to be careful and steam some veggies and some chicken. Would really love some applesauce. I was looking for some last night. I need to have a side salad too and need to pick up some shredded carrots and cucumber.
Well that's the update thus far! Still going strong and pushin' play!! YAY!
Up next is going to be an article from a guest writer that contacted me when she saw my blog on weight loss and that I had some references to cancer like the pink ribbon and penguin up there in the upper right corner. She has written an interesting article on the importance of taking care of yourself when you have cancer. As a side note, I personally, do not have cancer but I found this to be a good forum for education on that topic too, especially as I have some family members who have struggled with cancer and they are learning to eat more healthy and balanced meals. I hope you enjoy it!
No comments:
Post a Comment