Saturday, March 15, 2014

Figuring things out

I made it, past the first month of Chalean Extreme!
 For some reason, I could not stick with T25 for this long, I kept stopping at around the 3 week mark. I think part of it was because I wasn't losing weight. But I can't say that T25 doesn't work, it will, but I was not seeing results for my own fault, it was my diet holding me back. I was eating Nutrisystem but couldn't bring myself to eat all the food they were wanting me to and I just couldn't do it anymore. I floundered off then and ate bad, candy and sweets, junk. So I was fighting against myself. I had to stop.

So I have been looking at Chalean Extreme for a while now and so I ordered it. I was so excited to get started, I love having a new program to try out. I was struggling the first month in deciding if I should continue to finish eating the NS food as it was easy and convenient and so I did that but I remained at a standstill and trying hard not to get discouraged.

But, I began to wonder if perhaps if I was not eating enough. You know you hear how your body holds on tight to fat thinking you are starving yourself? I also know that I am fighting the age thing, on top of the woman thing. So after not really budging for a month, I began to count calories and getting some real, non-processed food in. I remembered how and what I ate while doing Power 90 and had lost 17 lbs and began to go back to that more so.
So after one day of that, thinking I was not eating enough after counting calories and seeing how low that seemed to be, I began to eat better.

First day of keeping track? I lost a pound!
Finally it moved! I did also take my measurements and I have lost around 3 inches! That was very encouraging!

So now, I started the 2nd month, the Push phase. I need new sneakers and heavier weights but I am managing with what I have for now.

While reading Health magazine, I saw an article that talked of this app that tracks your calories and I was excited as I loved the idea and found it, downloaded it and began to use it.
And wow! This opened my eyes too as to what I was eating! The first day the fat amount was too much and the calories were not small, but higher than I thought. So, yesterday, I paid more attention and set the app to having a goal of losing 2 lbs a week and the app calculated how many calories I needed. The problem with it tho is that it does not have Beachbody's programs in it, I had to add each one so did that for yesterday, Push Circuit 2.

But wouldn't that be great to have an app that calculated approximately the amount of calories burned from a workout from Beachbody AND calculated your calorie intake? So it could tell you if you were going to burn fat? Even more so of something like a popup or even an alarm sound or like a Don Rickles or Rodney  Dangerfield sound byte came on to say something like "No respect, no respect at all for your body!" Something even to insult you in a comical way to stop you from eating something bad when you log it in. It would be really great tho! Even if it was Tony Horton saying "Don't eat that cheeseburger!"

It's a cool idea tho. Why don't we have a Beachbody app by now?

Anyway, I kept the calories really close to the 1200, going over it by just a few.
So this morning, I got curious to see if the scale might show the change from keeping my calories lower and eating better. I've been stuck at 203/203.5 now for weeks, not being able to drop off the 200 mark and slip at least into the 190s. It's been really hard. I couldn't get that number to budge. I had managed to see 202.5 and 202 but then right back to 203.5 again.

Well....I weighed in this morning to see I am at 200 even!! Oh now that is exciting! Never thought I'd be happy to see that number but I am because it means I am about ready to drop down into the 190s!!! Oh yea!
I ate much better, cleaner yesterday and it made a huge difference!
Time to keep that steamer out and getting back to using it! Back to cleaner eating, less processed food and more healthy. This past month showed me that that is the way to go for me. No more Nutrisystem stuff, I think only in a pinch and when it's gone, it's gone. The desserts are about gone so it's only the dinners left, but I am going to box them up this morning and save them for maybe once a week or something like that. Not a treat, just when I'm pressed for time, til they are gone anyway. What is nice is that they have the bar code on them and I can scan them in and know if that is what I really want to eat and put Into my body.

I am so loving this app! For those who do read this blog and want to know the app, it is called: MyFitnessPal

It's not perfect as to what all I would like it to do but it works! :)



Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment