Yup! The weight scale is the enemy when you are starting a workout program, starting to try to lose weight.
I was one of those scale-aholics, where I could not stop looking at and weighing myself every day. I couldn't -not- check it each morning.
Well, as I am in the beginning stage of Chalean Extreme and it is very weight-lifting heavy...as in, I am lifting a lot of weights and that means I am building muscle right now. Of course coupled with still finishing off the Nutrisystem food and then the junk I was still eating up until a couple days ago...= no weight loss.
But is that really accurate?
Good question. More than likely, it is not accurate of the fat loss because the numbers on a scale simply cannot show you if you have lost fat and what part of the numbers are muscle gain.
So I did not step on the scale at first but then the temptation was too much and so I peeked. Disappointed to see it was the same, I knew however that I had to stop eating junk, had to stop eating the peanut m&ms that are here in the house. So the peek served somewhat of a purpose and I finished off breakfast from Nutrisystem and now I have but one more lunch left, tho I do have a lot of dinners still. I am thinking still about boxing up the NS food left as I still have desserts too and setting it aside until after this workout program. Undecided tho yet as they are convenient but I can't seem to shake the feeling that they are holding me back.
But the scale issue aside, I do feel really great! Yes, one lb down, but the increased energy and feeling so much stronger too, is just a great feeling, as well as just the accomplishment of knowing I did it, I got the workout done first thing in the morning and done for the day.
I also have been trying to get to sleep earlier so I do get in some proper rest.
So far, so good! I am very proud of myself for having come this far and can truly see myself going all the way! I am enjoying this first month of workouts with this program. :)
I just feel like this year is about a lot of changes, so much is really going well!
Part of me would really like to get the business part of this off the ground, but I know I am my most worst enemy there and I really feel that I need to get fit and show and prove the workouts do work. To have a good before and after is key. Then and only then can I say, yes, you can do it as I know where you are for I was there, starting over and over and over again over many years, til finally I found a program that I clicked with and was at a point in my life where I was ready to make the lifetime change and not just the temporary change so I got the temporary weight loss and with return of bad habits came return of even more fat.
I want to be able to really show the changes. So that means I need to walk the walk not just talk the talk. Pictures are worth a thousand words...video? Even more!
Sum it up? No scale until I do measurements at the end of this section of the workout, so it means I have two weeks to go. I need to keep cleaning up my diet and should start to count calories to be sure I am eating enough. And just keep pushing play, no matter what, keep doing what I know is right, get stricter with myself. :)
And on that note, off to sleep! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment