Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So Far So Good!

Well, despite the threat of my cycle trying to peek through, I have been able to exercise as scheduled since last Tuesday!! I am so proud of myself for the first week is usually the hardest. I feel really good and determined!
Now comes another hard challenge. A trip.
That has to be one of the hardest for me aside from a bad cycle.
I will of course take my Shakeology with me, so that will definitely help. I'll take the Power90 cd, the stretch cord and workout clothes. I am determined to exercise while there AND to eat right! I think I may be able to do it this time.

I heard someone say the other day that the trick to losing weight is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise. I really am not so sure that is so. At least, not for me. I proved that with Nutrisystem. Well, you might be able to lose weight with just Nutrisystem, so maybe they are correct, it is 80% what you eat. BUT!

And that is a HUGE BUT!! The weight you lose is so fast, it's not where or -how- you'd like! Please see my other blog posts on that! If you do it that way, you will deflate and your skin will hang. If you do not replace that fat with muscle and let your body slowly adjust in a more gradual way, that's what happens, you deflate like a tire. It is so very tempting to order Nutrisystem but there is no way I want my breasts to deflate. I know I will not let that happen like that again. I thought about working out still, continuing with Power90 and do the Nutrisystem but I still feel I would deflate too fast. I would not be able to build up the muscle fast enough to replace that fat.

I NEED to learn to eat better. That's more important than the quick fix. I just finished off the rest of the cereal I was eating, a hearty whole grain with raisins and dates. Tomorrow, I'll start to do Shakeology in the mornings. Then I am going to try to cut out the breads and pasta. Stick to salads and steamed veggies and fish for lunch and dinner. I feel like I am still at a standstill but I know I can't go by the weight. Still at 198. I waver to 197.5 but it's not moving much. So time to be a bit more strict and to take measurements which I haven't done yet for a while. I need to do so and log it in today. Start to take the measurements each week so that I can get encouragement there.

It was nice to see two people 'like' my post of going to workout. :) It gave me a lil pat on the back for doing so and for doing so, so late in the day. That has to end as well. I did look at the pre-set schedule on WOWY for Power90 and it looks like they have you move to the blue disk after the 4th week of the yellow one! That's good! I have always wondered when exactly to move over although I figured it would be when you felt you had mastered the yellow one. So, that means, after today, I have exactly 3 weeks to go before the blue disk!!! That's exciting! A good goal and something to look forward to.

I did feel really good about completing the workout yesterday as I took a shower, I kept thinking to myself, "You are doing it Wanda!!" Yesterday, I saw an ad on Craigslist for a woman in my area who said she is a 6 star diamond type of coach for BeachBody and she was offering for anyone to be a coach and how you make money and all that. It sounds interesting, I'd prefer to be my own coach!
She talked of P90X however. Oh boy...I am not ready for that one yet. I need to finish Power90 first. So I am thinking perhaps, after I do so, I'll go ahead and jump to P90X and become a coach! It will be a good reward for completing Power90!!....aside from new clothes!

Yes! New clothes!! I need them and to get out of the frump that was in my closet! I have taken out most of my old things and made room and have to get thru the other clothes on the floor. Finish sorting thru everything and close my eyes and toss more stuff. As I lose weight, I know I'll be able to fit into nicer clothes too and I am excited about that!

First thing is first however, get past these two hurdles that I am facing right now, the trip and an oncoming cycle!

I really want to do this....how many times I've said that...how many times I've fallen by the wayside. I feel this is the crucial moment however, down to the last few months I really can. For I know I will soon have to go see my doc and get retested for the cholesterol. Oh man, I am so not looking forward to that. So I HAVE to lose this weight. I HAVE to get into better shape. I keep thinking in my mind of how much happier I will be and oh to walk in the sunshine with a wind blowing some frilly or fluttery skirt...I keep picturing myself like that. Silly maybe, but I do. I want to be trim and I know I'd feel so much lighter.

I know that making better food choices and exercising, is really the best thing for me. It would mean a lifestyle change and there would be nothing to transition from food wise. I would already be doing it. So end of the cereal, even if it is 'good for you' type. I think I need to find something different than that yogurt too. I do like the nuts and half an apple for the other snack tho'. I'll keep that one.
I'll look on the suggested items for Shakeology's list of snacks and see if I can find something better.
I want to get away from dairy and from the breads, cereals and pasta and also the red meat, as much as I possibly can. I want to stick with chicken and fish, fresh fruit and veggies. I really think that is the way to go and I need to look out for the portion control.

Those are my food goals.

Once I get those two in order, food and exercise, everything else should fall into place! :)
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment